- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
How to Stop Back Pain!
Dr. Venturino, Chiropractor in Tampa, FL 33613
- Are you suffering from low back pain?
- Is it difficult to stand up or sit for long periods?
- Is it painful to get out of bed in the morning or sleep all night?
“Low back pain is the number one reason patients seek chiropractic!”
If you’re suffering from low back pain chance’s are it’ from:
- Major trauma: Such as an automobile accident, slip and fall or blow to the body.
- Minor trauma: Such as bending, lifting or twisting one to many times.
- Genetic: Born with a spinal deformity.
A complete consultation and examination would determine the cause of your low back pain. Dr. Nick Venturino a Chiropractor in the Tampa, FL 33613 area performs complete examination procedures to determine the cause of your low back pain.
The diagnostic procedures include a complete consultation, orthopedic and neurological examination, range of motion study, x-rays, MRI, or a CAT scan if required.
Dr. Venturino will get to the root of your low back pain! More importantly he’ll help to alleviate it.
Dr. Venturino Explains the Causes and Treatment for Back Pain
Back pain is frequently from:
- Disc bulge
- Pinched nerve
- Spinal joint pressure
The body’s response to pain is muscle tightening or spasm. Usually the muscle spasm is secondary to the underlying problem.
The examination procedures would determine the exact cause of your low back pain, the severity, and if there is any permanent damage.
Dr. Venturino Demonstrates the Anatomy of Back Pain
Direct nerve damage or inflammation can cause low back pain and muscle spasm. The primary focus in treating your low back pain would be to decrease your pain and inflammation. In addition to treating the pain we would decrease any associated muscle tension or spasm.
These are some of the treatments and therapy’s Dr. Venturino uses to decrease your pain and inflammation.
Passive joint motion: Helps to decrease swelling and inflammation in the joints.
Chiropractic manipulation: Chiropractic manipulation for pain and inflammation has two direct effects.
- Acts as a mechanical joint pump. Moving the fluid out of the joints and tissues.
- Nerve impulse reset: Gentle chiropractic manipulation can reset the painful nerve impulses which cause your pain.
Electric muscle stimulation: The pulsed mode can aid in reducing the swelling and inflammation in the tissue. The tetanize mode will suppress the nerve signal thereby decreasing your pain.
Ultrasound: The pulsed mode of ultrasound acts as a mechanical sound massage to reduce your tissue swelling.
Interferential current: Acts as an electric nerve block to stop your pain.
Ice pack: Used to constrict the vessels to decrease your swelling. Ice also acts to temporarily to reduce the nerve conduction signal which causes your pain. However, if used improperly ice can have a reverse effect and increase your pain.
Nutritional counseling: Specifically anti-inflammatory herbs, vitamins, and natural supplements.
Dr. Venturino utilizes one or all of these methods as necessary to treat your specific low back condition.
Call: (813) 977-2383! We’ll See You Today!